- changed/enhanced/influenced the way you think about the teaching process and the profession of teaching in general; and
Personally, I thought that to teach there is no need to get an education units as I see the way the teachers do without units in education and having units in education are almost the same. Sometimes those teachers have no background of teaching, they are the one who teach effectively, that is my thought before.
When I get this PTC, I came to realize that there are many techniques and principles teachers need to incorporate in different situation in their teaching practices. What I like more in this course is the use of TPACK in teaching practices.
- impacted you as a teacher/pre-service teacher/education professional.
When started studying this subject it really impact me something that I should know about principles of teaching. As future educators, I will utilize all those principles in my teaching practices in order to impact student learning and development.
- why you needed to study or why you studied the concepts/principles discussed the course,
We need to study the concepts and principles in this course as it can make teaching both more effective and more efficient, by helping us create the conditions that support student learning.
- why you have to consider to apply (or not apply) these concepts and principles in your practice,
Application of concepts and principles in my practice as future teachers will enhanced students learning and will guide me to attain my objectives.
- the importance of what you have learned from the course,
I have learned many things in this course as far as principles of teaching is concerned, especially the 6 modules discussed. What struck me is the deBono’s thinking hats, reflective teaching and TPACK.
- what you will do next after learning the various concepts and principles from the course,
As future educators, I will utilize all those concepts and principles from this course depending on the situation.
- what your professional goals are now,
For many teachers, one of their simplest goals is to inspire their students to love learning. But the inspirational power of a teacher can transcend the classroom.
- how you will achieve your goals and objectives in your career and practice, and
In achieving goals and objectives, we need to track it daily to ensure that we are aligned with our programs and objectives.
- what changes you will make as an education professional.
Teacher can change a student’s lives. I will make learning fun, as stimulating and engaging lessons. I will inspire learners to work harder and pursue a goal. I will advise also learners weighing important life decisions thru the concepts and principles I have learned in this course.